About the Aesthetica Creative Writing Award
The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is a celebration of innovative new writing from across the world. Each year, the competition invites submissions of short fiction that highlight the craft and skill of the short form.
Our jury comprises some of the UK's most renowned editors and publishers, and has included representatives from the Guardian, the Independent, Wasafiri, Hodder & Stoughton, Litro, The Rialto, The Poetry Exchange and Jacaranda Books.
Our authors and poets who have won, or been longlisted for, the Desmond Elliott Prize, the Not the Booker Prize and the Northern Writers' Awards, amongst others. Representatives have also appeared on BBC Radio 3's The Verb, and been featured in the Observer, VICE and HQ.
Our alumni include winners and shortlistees for the Costa Book Award, National Poetry Competition, TS Eliot Prize and Forward Prize. We receive submissions from across the world, from both established and emerging writers, including editors and board members of Magma, Poetry London, Verve Poetry Press and more.
Each year, we select two winners – one for poetry and one for fiction – who are each awarded £2,500 prize money as well as publication with the Aesthetica Creative Writing Anthology.
Further prizes from our esteemed partner organisations, including consultations, subscriptions and courses with The Poetry School, The Poetry Society, Arvon, Curtis Brown Creative, Mslexia, Granta and more.
We offer continued support throughout the year, including further exposure through our channels, as well as opportunities for talent development, such as tailored offers to courses, residencies, subscriptions and more.
- £5,000 prize money
- (£2,500 for the Poetry Winner, £2,500 for the Short Fiction Winner)
Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual
- A five-day course from Arvon (Fiction Winner)
- Two online masterclasses with Arvon (Poetry Winner)
One-year print subscription to Granta (Poetry & Fiction Winners)
One-year digital subscription to Mslexia(Poetry & Fiction Winners)
- Six-week writing poetry course from Curtis Brown Creative (Poetry Winner)
- Full membership to The Poetry Society (Poetry Winner)
- A course from the Poetry School (Poetry Winner)
- Consultation with Redhammer Management (Fiction Winner)
- Six-week writing short stories course from Curtis Brown Creative (Fiction Winner)
- Full membership to Litopia (Poetry & Fiction Winners)
How To Enter
- Register using the Add to Cart Button above.
- Your Entry Form will be emailed to you upon registration.
- The deadline for submitting your work is 31 August 2024.
Discover more at: https://aestheticamagazine.com/creative-writing-award